ANSI/NEMA MW 1000-2008, Revision 1-2009 Magnet Wire. MW 1000, is available from ANSI. NEMA MW 1000 provides general requirements, product specifications, and test procedures for magnet wire. This revision updates MW 1000-2008, which was published in March 2009. According to NEMA the revised publication features significant updates, including:
- Substantive changes to several test procedures in order to better define the equipment, materials, or test conditions that these procedures specify.
- Amended tests include the bond strength test procedure, the transformer oil resistance and hydrolytic stability test, and the high voltage continuity test
- New Appendix E, “General Rules for Rectangular Wire Dimensions”
- New definitions
- Reorganized table of requirements for bare rectangular wire
- Updated requirements and specifications