Since 2005, a Joint Harmonization Task Group (JHTG) on Plumbing Fixtures, equally represented by CSA Group and IAPMO plumbing fixtures committees, has been working on harmonization activities for plastic plumbing fixtures standards. CSA B45.5-17/IAPMO Z124-2017 is the result of this.
Because of these efforts, CSA B45.5-17/IAPMO Z124-2017 not only supersedes the 2011 edition of the plastic plumbing fixtures standard, but also replaces:
- CAN/CSA-B45.5-02, Plastic plumbing fixtures
- IAPMO/ANSI Z124.1.2-2005, Plastic Bathtub and Shower Units
- IAPMO/ANSI Z124.3-2005, Plastic Lavatories
- IAPMO/ANSI Z124.4-2006, Plastic Water Closet Bowls and Tanks;
- IAPMO/ANSI Z124.6-2007, Plastic Sink
- IAPMO/ANSI Z124.9-2004, Plastic Urinal Fixtures
The current standard specifies guidelines for materials, construction, performance, testing, and markings of plastic plumbing features. Due to its inclusiveness, it is applicable to the following plumbing fixtures:
- bathtubs and combination tub/showers
- shower bases and shower stalls
- bar sinks
- kitchen sinks
- laundry sink
- service sinks
- water closets
The CSA B45.5-17/IAPMO Z124-2017 standard covers relevant definitions and background information, as well as criteria for the plumbing fixtures’ tolerances, surface finish, openings and drainage, overflows, flanges, grab bars, and slopes. The testing procedures detailed in the standard are for the rotation and load of grab bars, warpage tolerance, surface examination, waste fitting connection, and point impact, among others.
CSA B45.5-17/IAPMO Z124-2017 - Plastic plumbing fixtures is available on the ANSI Webstore.